Wednesday, 13 August 2008

I-wacky!!


Now that I've finally caught up with my 96-hour sleep debt, these posts might just start to make more sense. Or it might go the other way cos this country is just way beyond amazing and I am surrounded by crazy foreigners almost all of the time.

My struggle with the Japanese language doesn't help improve my sanity either.

Since my last post, we have been to the top of the city, 54th floor of the Park Hyatt, New York Bar, re-enacting Lost In Translation with a bunch of freshies; but we've also been down to the depths of Tokyo earth in the metro/underground/JR, zooming around the city in wrong directions and a constant 'LOST' look on our faces.


Wednesday (6/8) - I arrived Fukushima prefecture, Iwaki City, where I will spend the next 12 months of my life, immersing, teaching, freaking, and hopefully befriending.

These are photos of Friday's Iwaki Odori, aka my first Japanese festival! I've also found the new definition of 'Adoroable' that Oxford will never be able to explain

peace x



3 comments:

Layo said...

peace chief. really hope it's going well! muchos muchos love from layo in london

John said...

Howdies from Aizu!

Anonymous said...

konichiwa!!
o genki desuka??
o tanchyobi desuka??
LOL
the nihon kids in the pics look soooo cuteee!
put more photos up to make me jealous ok?????? ;ppp
kendy-chan xx