Monday, 3 August 2009

Hi, it's me again...

wow I haven't blogged in nearly two months..do you remember me

Also, I'm back again in my noisy smoggy sweaty smelly busy home aka 852 aka HK. It has been 8 months. And I have already noticed things that have changed. Small things. Higher taxi fares. Shops gone and shops opened. Buildings gone and buildings built.

I also seemed to have forgotten about and thus felt slightly overwhelmed at the masses of foreign people in Hong Kong. I guess being one in 35 foreigners in a 350,000 population town does that to you. But having said that, in the nearly-4 days that I've been here, I've already heard 3 groups of Japanese people in HK each in separate occasions - a big group of salary men in the next table in a Thai restaurant, two ladies shopping in Zara IFC, and another pair of ladies sitting behind us in a French restaurant.

Right so what have I already achieved in the first 4 days of my 3 week visit?

I've had Thai food; I've been to LanKwai two times, three bars; I've taken a ferry to Lantau and seen the Big Buddha; I've had seafood; I've had french food; I've watched a movie at a cinema; I've taken the MTR three times; I've had Chinese food twice; I've been to H&M once and I've been to the tiny lanes in Central twice....

...and I still have lots more to do. Wish me luck.

No comments: