
I had turned around, put away my camera, was ready to run down the mountain and to not be cold and regain feeling in my feet, when Monik stopped me. Slightly above the Horizon a bright but tiny orange dot peeked through the clouds. It grew larger and larger, and this salted-egg like figure emerged.
First sunrise of 2011 witnessed.
And then I turned around, put away my camera, ran down the mountain and regained feeling in my feet.
It's now the 4th day of the 1st working week of the year. Also the 4th day of the 1st week of, what is known in the profession as, "Peak Season". Peak Season means long hours and maybe Saturdays in normal world language. But Peak Season, in Hong Kong, from what I've heard, means ridiculously long hours, working til midnight and beyond, not seeing your family and friends for weeks, not being recognised by your family and friends 'cause you've either gained so many pounds from sitting and snacking and cheap dinners and midnight snacks; or the stress has stripped you of your appetite and your flesh and revealing the shape of your cheekbones. (Although it's usually the former...unless you're suicidal.)
Luckily for few including me, this week has been very relaxed - I've been getting off work between 5:30-7pm, and actually went shopping after work and saw friends for dinner a couple times.
But that's about to end, and I'll have to face the oncoming reality that is the 4-month wave of slap-in-the-face corporate labour.
God be my strength and shelter.
No comments:
Post a Comment