Saturday, 26 February 2011

Switch on, switch off

.....Regret. It nibbles at your subconscious. Then it bites on your hopes and dreams. Then bites big and you're falling down a spiral of despair and self-blame...

.....What the...the woman in front of me has mullet. And a leather jacket. Is she....yeah she's a she.


It's scary how my thoughts fluctuate so radically on one (long) walk home. It's equally scary that I'm sharing them here in public.

.....(Looking at all the white people in the pubs and restaurants on a warm Saturday afternoon) What do they all do? Most of them look quite young. What brought them to HK? What do they do that does not require Chinese language abilities, yet allows them to live in the Soho area and sip drinks on most nights as well as saturday afternoons?

.....I miss the life I had outside of HK.

.....(And then I notice how my thoughts fly from superficial to deep and troubling in a matter of milli-seconds) Am I crazy? Am I crazy for thinking that might be crazy? Am I a hypochondriac? Or is this normal? Do other people ever actually wonder about their own sanity?

.....That girl really shouldn't be eating ice-cream. It might fro-yo, but still. No it's not even fro-yo its McD's sundae. That's even worse. I'm a horrible person. I really should do some exercise when I can find the time.

.....Time. Oh where hath thou gone?! The hours flee like the gusts of wind when the metro arrives, the days like modern day internet speeds. If I have say 50 more years to live, that's 50 times 365...that's...(tapping the buttons on my phone) 18626 days!!! ONLY!!!!! And I'm wasting my time, blogging?!?!

No comments: