"Without a purpose, life is a motion without meaning, activity without direction, and events without reason. Without a purpose life is trivial, petty and pointless. Without God, life has no purpose, and without a purpose, life has no meaning. Without meaning life has no significance or hope. The greatest tragedy is not death, but life without a purpose."
I believe in God and Christ's redemption not because I felt my life needed purpose or it would simply be nice to have purpose. I believe because God has shown Himself to us, and also shown us there IS a purpose for life; because the truth has been revealed.
I believe NOT because I felt my non-believing life wasn't good enough. I believe because now that I do have purpose in life, I realized how insufficient my previous life was; how unbearable it is to live without God; how ignorant I was; how frustrating it was to be separated from Him.
People say the reality of death and absence of heaven encourages them to live life as full as one can. I myself believe in a heaven not because I fear death, or fear that I won't have enough time to live well; but I believe because Christ died in order to give us life and life to the full. Fuller and better than what we can do by ourselves. And there's something so much better to look forward to in the future, not matter how depressing, how unjust, how miserable, how cold this life gets. There is, always, hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment