Friday, 19 February 2010

A moment of gold

Half way up the big hill to the big school, clutching my bike in my hands , giant snowflakes floating down and adding to the snow-blanketed world around me (yes I biked to school in the snow...), there was just a short but overwhelmingly powerful moment of peace.

There was no sound, except for the sound of my tired lungs.

And when I held my breath for one moment, everything was still.

So white.

So chilled.

So peaceful.

It was something that I hadn't felt for a very very long time.

It was golden.

...until the engine of a tattered minivan climbing the steep hill broke the silence, and reminded me that I was already late for the first class, and I wasn't even at school yet.

It is these moments that I will treasure most when I leave this place.

1 comment:

CM said...

:) Sounds lovely