Principal, Vice Principal, teachers and students,
I can’t believe it, but I’ve been in Japan for almost 2 years, and in no time I’ll have to leave. Words cannot describe enough how wonderful an experience the last 2 years were. It’s something I can never forget. And I’m really glad that I was able to come to Ena Junior High School. From the beginning I’ve felt welcome, and I have enjoyed every visit to Ena.
Before I came to Japan, I thought I knew much about Japan already – sushi, manga, anime, salaryman, bowing again and again…but there was so much that I didn’t know. Experiencing ‘real’ life and traditions, sharing in your joys and pains, learning Japanese culture like Oyaji-gags…are irreplaceable experiences.
I’m not here to tell you to “DO YOUR BEST”, nor to tell you to “STUDY HARD”, but I simply want to quote a song I heard once in Japan.
きみは愛されるため生まれた (you were born to be loved)
きみの生涯は愛で満ちている (your life is filled with love)
永遠の神の愛は われらの出会いの中で実を結ぶ (God's eternal love is shown through our relationships)
きみの存在が 私にはどれほど大きな喜びでしょう (your presence gives me such a great joy)
I really felt your love for me. I’m grateful that you have treated me so well, just like family.
I want you to know that everyone is born to be loved, and hope that you will show other people the same love that you have shown me. You are always loved – by your family, by your teachers, by your friends, and by God in heaven.
I love Japanese people, I love Japanese culture and language. I want to keep studying Japanese, and hopefully I can make some Japanese friends when I go back.
I hope we can meet again some day in the future. I wish you a life filled with love and purpose.
Thank you.
2 comments:
very touching
Great speech Sam. Well done :) Japan will miss you lots I'm sure.
Post a Comment