Friday, 11 June 2010

What I will Miss. Or not. [School chapter]

It's quite random, but here it goes:

I will miss kids screaming "SAMANSA!!" or "HALLO!!" down the corridor when they see me.


And maybe even the them yelling "Suzanne!" (name of some idiot TV personality) by the 9th graders.


I will miss bumping into my former-students in downtown Iwaki and seeing their shocked look and their "OH! It's Samansa!".


I will miss kids writing "I love Samansa!" on little coloured paper for me.


I will miss kids yelling "I LOVE YOU!" to me in the corridor or in the mall downtown.


I will miss the kids' laughter in class after I've said something funny.


I won't miss the "I don't wanna be here" looks on most 9th graders face during a pre-lunch or an after-lunch English lesson.


I will miss certain competent English teachers who really know how to use me and engage the students.


I won't miss certain English teachers' bizarre/useless teaching methods which completely make me redundant in class.


I will miss staring out into the sparkling blue sea when the summer heat makes one day-dream every 4 minutes.


I won't miss the cold under-heated classrooms in the long freezing winter.



I will miss the funky poses and peace signs that automatically appear whenever I point a camera at the kids.


I will miss turning up to school on a Sunday and frightening the teachers (who are there to supervise sports activities) for going to school on a Sunday and then chatting to them for ages.


I will not miss going to Palace Iwaya for enkais. (3 times a year every year! Same place, same food, same overly-serious atmostphere...give me a break)


I will miss the Ena Junior High Principal teaching me Iwaki-accents/expressions.


I will miss the Ena teachers making fun of Mr Fujita for his 'cold' oyaji-gags.


I will miss the bland expression on the kids faces at Mr Fujita's feeble attempt at making a joke.

No comments: