Wednesday, 2 February 2011

Fly

Listen to my prayer, O God,
do not ignore my plea;
hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught...
"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest -
I would flee far away
and stay in the desert.

Working in a place at such proximity to the airport really does make that urge to flee ever stronger. All I want is out right now. Out of these habits, out of this city, out of this life.


This morning, on the platform waiting for the MTR..

I asked, "What do I want to do with my life????"

And He said, knowing very well what I'm asking, "Your job is not your life. You're asking the wrong question".

"Right...then what should I do with my career?"

"Anything. Whatever. You're still asking the wrong question. In fact you know very well the answer to the question that you ought to be asking."


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
as working for the Lord, not for men,
since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.
3 Philippians 23-24

1 comment:

Sillyashy said...

Hey! Thank you for the reminder! Sometimes we are so caught up with our lives, career, etc, we tend to overlook the plan God has for us. I am encouraged by this entry.