Thursday, 16 June 2011

Rain and rainbows

(Dedicated to you, Gee)

I should be grateful.

I am grateful.

I'm grateful for the opportunities that surround me.

I'm grateful for the opportunities that I was given, that I took, and experienced.

I'm grateful that I was given plentiful education, which expanded my horizons, and stirred up my passions, and revealed my potential.

I'm grateful I'm in Hong Kong, for freedom of speech & religion, for it's stable economy, stable public order, unrivaled metro system, and ever-expanding restaurant selection.

I'm grateful I have a rent-free home here in HK (where rent is one of the most expensive in the world).

I'm grateful that I have loving parents, who never once gave up in order to provide the best for me.

I'm grateful for the friends around me, who were my sources of joy, who shared my burdens, who lent me their patience, who were my lifesavers.

I'm choosing to look beyond the rain, and see the rainbows that come with it. OK, there might not always be rainbows, but it isn't always rainy either.

Still - I'm most grateful for my daddy G, who "delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins” (Colossians 1:13-14)




No comments: