Thursday, 9 June 2011

Stolen Thoughts


Psalm 13
1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
...
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing the LORD’s praise,
for he has been good to me.

Colossians 3
1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

For too long I have been stuck in that "Psalm 13:1" state of mind, like the writer David who, in the confusion of the moment, thought God had forgotten him. I have almost been indulging (or letting myself indulge) in that confusion and fear and hopelessness for too long that it was, and kind of still is, hard to come out of. My mind had been so focused on those "earthly things" - worrying about my career, about direction, about what I want to do and where I want to be.

But today's Daily Bread was a constructive first "fist in the face" of the battle against all that.

My life is, for sure, hidden with Christ in God.

What career I choose, what I want to do, how I want to do it...is essentially of minute importance and relevance compared to the hope of glory that I have in Christ Jesus!


1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You have a whooole lotta moxie, girl. Learning Japanese is like going to Pluto: takes forever. Bravo, girl! If you lemme, I'll kiss your adorable feet in Heaven. God bless you.