Friday, 25 August 2017

My "Grand American Tour"

OK...perhaps calling it "grand" is a bit of an exaggeration to describe 4 trips in the USA within 6 months. But I'm certainly making good use of the ESTA.

Finding time to stop, breath and digest all that Korean BBQ.

And it has certainly been memorable.

I've done 3 out of 4 trips so far and I

...went to Costco for the first time.

...used Lyft for the first time.

...had a lot of good Korean food.

...shopped at Target for the first time.

...visited friends I haven't seen in years.

...haven't had such a substantial hangover in a very long time.

...got to eat proper Vietnamese food.

...re-enacted a scene from the TV show Master of None.

...was told that I have a hole that leads to the abyss on my back.

...spotted a Trump bumper sticker (somehow a part of me thought perhaps Trump supporters don't actually exist..but they do!)

...ate too much junk.

...fell in love...

...with two golden doodles.

...had a #hashtag created for the non-existent wedding of me and a new man-friend.

...have never been asked 'how are you' so much before.

...am starting to be accustomed to how chatty servers & waiters are in the US.

...at too much full-stop.

Shopping for tampons and make-up in Target after Pho fo dinner


No comments: