Decided to publish this braindump of questions related to plastic that I wrote a few months ago...
Is plastic actually recycling in Japan?
Is it burned?
Are different types of plastic recycled differently?
Or are they really DOWNCYCLED?
I've also heard different that even within Tokyo, different wards handle plastic differently.
The documentary "A Plastic Ocean" was properly depressing and discouraging.
Also this...
http://www.gregtodiffer.com/a-plastic-overload-at-7-11/
Some plastics can't be recycled - like Bakelite. Many more could be, but aren't. In fact only about a seventh of plastic packaging is recycled - far less than for paper or steel. That rate is lower still for other plastic products.
Is plastic actually recycling in Japan?
Is it burned?
Are different types of plastic recycled differently?
Or are they really DOWNCYCLED?
I've also heard different that even within Tokyo, different wards handle plastic differently.
The documentary "A Plastic Ocean" was properly depressing and discouraging.
Also this...
http://www.gregtodiffer.com/a-plastic-overload-at-7-11/
Some plastics can't be recycled - like Bakelite. Many more could be, but aren't. In fact only about a seventh of plastic packaging is recycled - far less than for paper or steel. That rate is lower still for other plastic products.

No comments:
Post a Comment