...but to go to Bangkok and not stay at this unique little oasis in the middle of this scarily dense city would be a loss.
I sipped English tea with the hotel owner (aka dad) by the pool whilst tasting his own hand-made sponge cake. (He also makes carrot cake and apple crumble and all kinds of "once on the lips forever on the hips" sweet things). I stuffed my face with too much Thai food from the hotel restaurant not because I didn't have to pay for anything. Afterwards I worked it off in the pool that was just cool enough to bear in the Thai 'winter'. I also worked off my wallet (a bit too much) at Jatujak weekend market and Suan Lum night market. After too much walking and shopping at the night market I still managed to take the underground and then the sky train back to Phloen Chit, but had to hop on a little 10-baht motorbike-taxi to take me down the soi back to the hotel, to save some of the little life that is left in my battered feet so that I could walk up one flight of stairs to my lovely little single room.
Ariyasomvilla
1 comment:
Looks tight as!
Post a Comment