Sunday, 1 February 2009

Quake me up...before 7a.m....grrrr

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/2/250/01070200391.html

Got woken up this morning by a cheeky earthquake at 6:52am. Not impressed. Especially when I only went to bed at 2 something last night (or this morning rather).

I dreamt that I was in a car going down a bumpy road. Then I woke up to realise the shakes weren't a dream.

Then I thought I was having some kind of mild epileptic seizure (I blame watching too much House for this one).

Then the sound of the building structure creeking around me made me realise I wasn't the one having a seizure.

Then I thought I might be dreaming this earthquake.

But it went on for like 10 seconds (which I thought was rather long) and by then I had already looked at the clock twice and scratched my face once.

Slighty bewildered but fascinated, face + pillow for another 3 and a half hours, woke up, checked out the Japan Meteorological Agency website, confirmed it was a magnitude 5.8, seismic intensity 3 (in Iwaki) earthquake, breakfast, blogged.

1 comment:

Larry said...

"face+pillow" - the appropriate response to almost every crisis.

I have only just got the pun in the post title. Oh dear... I might go back to bed!