Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Risk

I want to attempt snowboarding for the second time this weekend.

I'm very tempted.

The season's almost over. I've only ever been once. Lots of friends will be there. It will be fun. My friend is lending me a board so I don't have to rent one.

But I'm also slightly hesitant...

- Last time I went, I came back with masssssive pain all around my body. Especially the knees.

- I've been having slightly dodgy knees for the past 2 years now...?! Althought I don't know why.....just sometimes hurts a bit from time to time

- I got an email from someone emailing the JCF (Jet Christian Fellowship) listserve putting out a prayer request for a friend of hers who had a really bad snowboarding accident and is in hospital and will probably never walk again :S

- It costs money

What to do!??!?!

I'm still very tempted.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Go for it! Snowboarding is awesome. Just remember...

1) Wear a helmet.
2) Don't do jumps (the leading cause of snowboarding injuries).
3) Stick to the green slopes if you're a beginner.

Once you master how to stop, it's cake from there. Sure you'll fall a few times, but you're very unlikely to run into a major injury. Take a lesson if necessary. It's expensive, but makes a world of a difference. Remember, to master putting on the breaks! Have fun!!!

(Japan is the best place to ski cause its relatively warm, take advantage!)