...because opening my mouth was extremely painful today.
They say 'No Pain No Gain'. However....not only did I gain a lot of pain, but I lost a whole lot of wisdom today. A whole wisdom tooth, that is. It was buried deep in my jaw, with just a slight corner of it peeping out. But for the last few days it had been pushing and kicking about, like an unborn child in a mother's tummy. But the dentist said it's no good. A goner. It had no space to flourish and display its full glory with my gum as its throne. So it was given the death sentence. Or the extraction sentence.
The extraction process itself was relatively painless (just an intense 2 minutes of what felt like strong pressure on the gums). But when the anesthetic wore off, and as I regianed feeling in my right jaw, pain crept in, my appetite withered away, and so did all my energy and will to speak. So all day it was pretty much just my mum talking to me all day. And me hm-ing and mmhmmm-ing. Which was alright because I'm not a very talkative person anyway whereas my mum always has lots to tell me so we were quite used to it.
Ps. One more day of freedom until I slave my soul away for the corporate world. Mmmhmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment