Tuesday, 24 August 2010

"Who has time to blog anyway?!"

...said one of the speakers today at the firm's orientation programme. It was during a Risk Management presentation and he talked about how not to share work or client information with friends, in public places, in social networking sites and blogs. But the overall impression from all the talks and seminars is that we'll be so busy and have so much work crawling out of our [edit] eyes that we won't even have much of a life, let alone blog.

But I will still try. I think. Because even though Hong Kong is and has always been my 'home' I still feel like a bit of a stranger here.

Today I just discovered a whole street of chinese and dessert restaurants. There's always something small but interesting that one can discover every single day, and you don't even need to deviate from your usual commute to look. It's actually right in front of me. It's all those things that I take for granted, but still worth noting, such as this advertisement for plumbing services (or more specifically 'unclogging of pipes') written on the bus stop downstairs from my flat...and pretty much every single lamp-post or bus stop post around HK. I wonder how many numbers I can collect.


So keep checking :)

No comments: