Thursday, 5 August 2010

'So...how was Japan?'

Or 'Talk to me about Japan!' or 'So - Japan?' or 'What have you been up to the last two years?!'

I've been asked that so many times since I've left Japan.

I never really know how to answer that. So I just say 'It was good!'. Which is pretty lame. But truth be told I'm never sure how much people actually want to listen to me talk about Japan. Once I was told to tell everything right from the beginning. That would've taken a whole week. So I made a rough conclusion of Where I Was and What I Did and Who I Taught and How Good/Bad My Japanese Is and How Good The Sushi Was...

I probably should think about what I should include in my 'Japan summery' answer. I feel slightly like I'm being tested and I should maybe prepare for the question. Perhaps I should write an essay, with introduction, body, conclusion; and then memorise it.....?

Nah. I think the fact that I remember different stories/facts/things when I talk to different people is interesting enough for me. That way I can talk as much as I want about Japan, just spread amongst a large bunch of people.

'So...how was Japan?', you ask?

Read the blog, ya lazy pants.

No comments: