Wednesday, 7 January 2015

The typing/writing fairy

I mentioned such fairy in my previous post, but since no such creature actually exists (sadly), I guess I'll just have to do it myself - I've resolved to write more and blog more, not just about trips or on special life events such as adopting of pets, but (try to) actually just write about thoughts, miscellaneous quotes or conversations, observations...however random and maybe even meaningless they are. It's 11:41pm, ie way past my bed time but I'm still writing - means I'm determined! (somewhat)

So.. What have I learned or observed or thought about today?

A lot actually. I went to the Vine's first Manna Bites tonight - a one-night only manna-type seminar. Today's was on the biblical responses to Zionism and Modern Israel. It was very enlightening and very interesting. Since reading The Lemon Tree, I've been meaning to learn more about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Took notes, not gonna elaborate now.

Our church is doing a corporate 21-day fast and I've decided to fast Facebook, Instagram, and set aside 20 mins or so each night after dinner for devotionals and reading and prayer, something I really don't do often enough. It basically just means spending time with God, chatting to Him and reading His word. A bit tricky when I go out for dinner and come home late (like tonight).

Facebook - such a time waster, and I actually really want to give that up, but some things keep holding me back. More on why I hate Facebook later.

Too tired to go on.

Should start this earlier tomorrow.

No comments: